March 20, 2017

The Reading Book Post, March 20th

The Reading Book Post - literary news

Happy First Day of Spring, everyone! You might have guessed, but this is my favourite season and so I'm happy! Anyway, my reading this week was mostly manga (I can't resist), but I've also started digging in Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. Besides, March is the month when I have to read a horror novel. Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.


  • Beyond James Bond, who is first literary spy that comes to mind? It's none other than George Smiley, the famous spy created by John LeCarré. Well, after 27 years, the well-known spy will return! John LeCarré's new book will see the return of Smiley, and I'm so excited about it. The book will be called A Legacy of Spies and is due on September 5, 2017.

  • Love audiobooks, and love Stephen King? On top of that, do you love James Franco? Well, then you 're going to love this: James Franco will narrate Stephen King's The Dead Zone. The audiobook will become available on April 25, 2017.

  • This is a collaboration that I never guessed that could happen. I'm talking about the collaboration between Black Eyed Peas and Marvel. Yes, a new graphic novel, called Masters of the Sun - The Zombie Chronicles, will hit the shelves in July. The story was written by none other than will.i.am. 

  • Many of us have struggled to read James Joyce's Ulysses. But now there is hope! A new game, Joycestick, is developped by Boston University in order to expose this difficult work to broader audience. What's most is exciting is that this is a virtual reality game!

  • Really sad news. Bernie Wrightson, the well-known horror comic artist, has passed away at the age of 68. 

  • The sad news have no end! Derek Walcott, the poet who was awarded with the Nobel-prize in literarure, has passed away at the age of 87.

  • Can You Identify The World Famous Author By A Book Title? Take the quiz to find out! It's mostly classics, so I'm sure you'll do great!

1 comment:

  1. The Black Eyed Peas and Marvel? Never thought I'd see that combination!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)