June 17, 2015

Play(list) by the Book: Good Omens

Play(list) by the Book with all the songs and artists mentioned in the novel


I always enjoy creating Play(list) by the Book. So, when I come across a novel that gives me the chance to compile another playlist I'm very happy. Good Omen: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch is a book that was perfect for this kind of post. It's actually one of the longest playlists I've created so far, with a lot of classical pieces of music. I hope you'll enjoy it! 



As usual, I included all the music tracks mentioned in the novel. In the cases where just a single artist was named I just picked a song that I liked. You will find that in this list there are a lot of tracks by Queen. This is because Crowley liked them a lot and turned every other piece of music into a random song by this group. Many of the artists were included in previous playlists as well, so I tried to put different songs. The exception in this rule is Born to Run, which was mentioned in the novel.



Find more playlists at: Play(list) by the Book

8 comments:

  1. I'm pretty familiar with Pratchett and Gaiman's writing and I can just imagine how they have a character obsessed with Queen. Great playlist as usual, I really do have to read Good Omens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy it! I couldn't imagine anything better than Queen :)

      Delete
  2. I think "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" was missed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! How could I miss that? Anyway, I've added to the playlist. Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  3. Blue Oyster Cult is missed :(
    but thank you anyway, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird! I clearly remember picking a song. Anyway, thank you for noticing. I'll add one :)

      Delete
  4. thank you so much for making it!! i've just started listening, and it lifted my spirits immediately. have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love creating these playlists :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)