I've been nominated for these blog awards for a long time and I finally got the chance of doing the posts. Because they are both awards I will nominate some bloggers at the end of this post, for both of the awards.
One Lovely Blog Award
Thank you so much Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf for nominating me for this award!
The rules for this award are:
- Say Thank you to the person that nominated you
- Explain the rules of the award
- Say seven random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Display the badge/logo of the award in your blog
Seven Random Facts About Myself
- I can't start my day without a cup of coffee! I'm addicted.
- I usually try to use a magnetic bookmark I got from the National Gallery in London with a painting of Monet on it.
- I can't even describe to you how excited I am that the release of the new David Mitchell novel is only 27 days away.
- Also, I expect new albums in the next months by some of my favourite groups/artists.
- I've just started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and I LOVE IT
- I still find Amnesia: The Dark Descent the scariest game I've ever played
- Finally, Artemis Fowl will be adapted into a film!
Sunshine Blogger Award
Thank you so much Wren Love @ For the Love of Books for nominating for this award!
The rules for this award are quite simple:
- Answer the 11 questions provided for you
- Nominate other bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions of your own
1. What was your favourite book as a child? The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
2. Why did you start your blog? What inspired you? On an implulse really. I want to make my reading more challenging and I thought that it would be nice to share it with the world.
3. Explain your blog's title! The Reading Armchair: the most comfortable place in the house for reading.
4. Do you run or contribute to any other blogs? I've guest blogged and I enjoyed it very much. But I don't really write systematically for another blog.
5. What book do you recommend to everybody? You are probably tired of hearing me recommending this book to you, but here you are once more: Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.
6. Worst book-to-movie adaptation in your opinion? Best book-to-movie adaptation in your opinion? The worst book-to-movie adaptation would most probably be Eragon and the best The Princess Bride.
7. Favourite book cover? There are so many beautiful covers! The Remains of the Day is one of favourite.
8. Do you prefer ordering books online or visiting a bookstore? Visiting a bookstore. Nothing beats browsing the shelves!
9. Are you OK with buying used books or do you always have to get new ones? Yes, there is something exciting about used books. I've even found some with dedications in the front pages.
10. Do you write your own stories, poems, etc? Yes. In the past I wrote more poetry, but now I've started a novel.
11. If you had to transform into a character from any book, which character would you become? Can I just be Lizzie Bennet? I mean, she gets Mr. Darcy!
1. Which is your most anticipated book?
2. Do you read graphic novels? Which is your favourite one?
3. Which was your favourite book so far this year?
4. Do you like winter?
5. How would you like to spent the Halloween?
6. Who are your top 3 authors?
7. Is there a series that you would like to be continued, although it doesn't?
8. How do you choose which book to read next?
9. Would you buy a book because it has a beautiful cover?
10. Do you prefer detailed descriptions or witty dialogues in a novel?
11. Which book would you recommend?
My nominees (for both of these awards)
Carrie @ The Book Goddess
Floryie @ The Travelogue of a Book Addict
Emily @ Paperback Princess
Becca @ The Bookkeeper's Apprentice
Izzy @ The Reading Izzy
Clare @ Dual Reads
Cody @ Literaly-ly Obsessed