July 22, 2015

The Book Fangirling Blog Award and Liebster Award #2


Thank you so much, Carrie @ The Book Goddess for nominating me for The Book Fangirling Blog Award. It's much appreciated.

So, the rules for this award are:
  • Create a post to accept your award.
  • Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget.
  • Answer the questions I have above.
  • Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
  • Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
  • Link to me your post so I can see your answers.

Carrie's Questions

1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to challenge myself with themed reads and I thought that it would be fun to share those reads with the world.

2.What is your favourite book so far of 2015 and why?
It's The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro. At first, it left me numb but as the months go by I find myself thinking about it and it grew in me.

3. Have you ever done anything embarrassing while fangirling?
Not really. I'm generally a very reserved person. I might have giggled or laughed  when I was supposed not to, especially while working.

4. What was the book that got you into reading?
This is an easy question! The Lord of the Rings trilogy really got me into reading. I was reading books earlier than that, but at that point (I was around 10) I begun reading like crazy!

5. Who is/are your book boyfriend(s)?
This is a tough question because I can't put the whole list in a single post! You could say anyone of the Jane Austen gentlemen (except for Edmund Bertram), George Emerson from A Room With A View and there are of course my manga boyfriends, Tsuruga Ren from Skip Beat, Kei Takishima from Special A and Kou Tanaka from Ao Haru Ride.

My Questions

  1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
  2. Do you really like a book that everybody else hates?
  3. For which author you're a complete fangirl?
  4. Which book you can't wait to be published?
  5. Which book would you reread any time?


Liebster Award



Thank you so much, Hp20508 @ LiveLove&Explore for nominating for the Liebster Award! I already have made a similar post in the past, but I will answer your questions here :)

1. Favourite Book Author?
You can all guess my answer at this point. David Mitchell.

2. How do you overcome writer's block when it hits?
I continue to write. Even if I'm not satisfied with what I'm writing I try to go on and then edit it later.

3. What book inspired you the most?
I have read many books that got me thinking, but Women in Love is the one that I felt that influenced me the most.

4. What makes you smile?
An unexpected kindness or warm remark.

5. If you were on a desert island, what 3 items would you want with you?
My kindle, my music player and something to charge the previous two!

6. What is your biggest fear?
Probably death.

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I can't really tell. I hope with a steady job and my own apartment.

8. What is your life goal?
To live a happy and full life.

9. What do you value most in life?
Love, for my family, friends and boyfriend.

10. What would you do today if you knew you could not fail?
Write a novel. It would actually be great if I finished one.

11. What's your favourite season of the year and why?
It's spring because I find the weather then the most pleasant. 



14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I'll do a post when I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2015/07/the-book-fangirling-blog-award.html


    My response :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get a very warm internet handshake for the David Mitchell love. I've read three of his books (The Bone Clocks, Cloud Atlas and Ghostwritten) and while I didn't really like Ghostwritten, The Bone Clocks was great and Cloud Atlas was absolutely incredible and immediately became one of my favourite books of all time when I read it about a month ago. I'm so pumped for his new book.

    Interesting that you said The Buried Giant is your favourite book so far this year. I remember you're review and it wasn't exactly full to the brim with praise but it's quite interesting to me that it's one of those books that you really have to think about to appreciate. If I ever get into Ishiguro I'll definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you became a fan of David Mitchell! I remember at first you weren't that enthusiastic about The Bone Clocks. Ghostwritten is a perplex book, the most difficult of Mitchell's novels. I'm still trying to figure out the whole scene. There were parts that I greatly enjoyed and other that left me wondering. Anyway, I'm glad that I read Mitchell's works in chronological order, because Ghostwritten and number9dream led to Cloud Atlas and you I like this sort of evolution. You should seriously read number9dream next, it's so wonderful (it's time for a reread for me and I've read it only 6 months ago :P)

      Yes, my feelings for The Buried Giant are interesting. This is a book with many layers and I've begun discoring them one by one. A\and as the time goes by I find myself talking about it even more. It certainly made an impression on me.

      Delete
  4. Here is my response. Thanks for the nomination! http://thenerdgirlreview.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-book-fangirling-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm checking out your answers :D

      Delete
  5. I nominated you to the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.confessionsofabookfreak.blogspot.se/2015/07/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll post it as soon as I can :)

      Delete
  6. Ommmg I am so sorry for the late reply. Aww that is great Aeriko :D Yeah I know you must have answered those questions in some other posts. But thank you for taking your time to do it again. Aww I love how you are simple minded haha :) Oh if you write a novel than I would love to read it ^.^ Hahaa I really laughed at the charger one. :P That is awesome. Thank you for answering :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)