July 18, 2015

Confession Saturday: Dear Lola


Hello, everyone! Confession Saturday is a new weekly feature, in which we will have the chance to express our feelings towards certain characters. This time of the week we will choose one character and write to him/her about all the things we would like to say. We can explain why we like or dislike each character, which of his/her actions we don't understand and generally whatever comes to mind. 


New: I've just added a Linky Tool to Confession Saturday, be sure to leave your links there!


After reading Anna and the French Kiss I remained in the mood for romance, so I continued with the series. This week's letter will be to Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door (2011). 



Dear Lola,

stop being such a drama queen! The only thing that justifies your behaviour is the uncertainty that your biological parents give you. 

I can't believe you're holding a grudge against your first love. Ok, I understand that he hurt your feelings, but you're neither the first one nor the last that has been rejected. In reality, he didn't even reject you and you would have known if you'd just taken the time to talk to him. 

Max isn't the right one for you. It's not just the age difference, which for me is a no (at least in that age), it's the fact that both your situations and your sets of mind are totally different. It's hard to realise it, but it never ends well. 

But, what I really really want to say to you is that the thing you have about costumes really gets on my nerves. I understand a certain eccentricity, but the full costumes you are wearing hide the real you. I believe that the reason why you do it is that you are afraid of letting people know who you are and this is your first line of defence. If you don't let people near you, how can you expect them to understand you?

Yours,
Aeriko

14 comments:

  1. Lola annoyed me in this book! I found her to be whiny, and her and Max just didn't work together at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you agree! They just didn't work together.

      Delete
  2. I agree 100% with you. Lola really annoyed me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many times that I was seriously annoyed with her!!

      Delete
  3. Somebody finally said it, thank you! <3
    http://scienceofadornment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm so glad that you all think the same :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a super fun weekly thing to do!

    Alex @ Book Chick
    http://bookchick2013.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feel free to join anytime, the link is active all week long :)

      Delete
  5. I continue to love this series! But based off your letter and the comments, wouldn't 100% recommend this book hey? At least not as much as Anna and the French Kiss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'd still recommend it! The romance is great and Cricket is amazing (why are the males so well developed?). I just couldn't like Lola as much as I liked Anna :)

      Delete
  6. As much as I love all of Stephanie Perkins' books, I have to agree with the majority of this letter. I love this letter idea! I think I will try to join in with this weekly feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that you agree, I was under the impression that generally people liked Lola more than Anna. But I'm happy to find out that it's the opposite.

      Feel free to take part anytime you like :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds great, but haven't yet read the book! :-) Aditi @Book Stop Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great romance! I totally recommend it :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)