Hello, everyone! Recently I've been lucky enough to read some amazing comics and novels (Deadpool v. Gambit and Ico: Castle in the Mist). I promise that during the next days reviews for both of them are coming. In the meantime, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.
- The 2016 Guardian Clildren's Fiction Prize was awarded to Alex Wheatle for his novel Crongton Knights. Moreover, Philippe Sands was given the Baillie Gifford Prize for Nonfiction for his book East West Street: On the Origins of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity.
- Furthermore, the winners of the National Book Awards 2016 have become public. Colson Whitehead won for his novel The Underground Railroad in the fiction category, while Ibram X. Kendi won in the Nonfiction category for his book Stamped from the Begenning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America. The award for Young People's Literature was given to John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell (Artist) for their book March: Book Three and the award for poetry was givel to Daniel Borzutzky for his poem collection The Performance of Becoming Human.
- One of the most interesting awards each year are definitely the Bad Sex in Literature awards. This year's shortlist for this not-so-prestigious awards have become known.
- Anna Kendrick's book has recently been released and I can't wait to read it. Until then, you can listen to the actress herself reading an excerpt from Scrappy Little Nobody.
- I have great news for all the fans of science fiction! Stranger in a Strange Land, the classic sci-fi novel by Robert Heinlein will be adapted into a TV series by Syfy.
- Do you love Anne of Green Gable? Do you, by any chance, like Rachel McAddams? Well, there is a new audiobook of the 1908 classic read by the famous actress. You can listen to an excerpt of the upcoming audiobook, which will be up for sale tomorrow.
- We love them! We read their books again and again! But, authors also have a favourite novel. See which novels are among the favourites of some of the most famous authors!
- Which Inspirational C. S. Lewis Quote Do You Need to Get Through the Day? Take the quiz to find out! I got You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream, how about you?