Monthly Reading Wrap-Up: July 2026
Hello, everyone! August is here, so let's take a look at all the books I ended up finishing in July. In retrospect, this was an amazing month for me reading-wise, with an average rating of 4.03* (I don't think that my rating has been above 4* in a month so far in 2026). So, I'm keeping this positive energy for August as well.
So, here is what I read this month:
Books I've Finished in July 2026
- It Lasts Forever and Then It's Over - Anna de Marcken: What a weird little book this one was! I read it for Summerween and I'm so so glad that I did. This was definitely a very different take on zombies that leaned more literary than horror. You can read my thoughts in my mini review.
- Strange Houses - Uketsu: If you've read Strange Pictures, you already know what to expect. I also picked this book for Summerween and I liked it more than I thought I would (especially since I wasn't the biggest fan of the first installement). You can read my thoughts in my review.
- Η Θάλασσα - Michalis Makropoulos: I wish this book was translated to English so that I could recommend it to you. But if you're Greek, then go ahead and pick it up. This was the first time reading from this author, and it won't be my last (I already own another book of his). It's title translates into The Sea, and it's set in a dystopian future when the ice has melted, the sea level has claimed most of the coastal towns, and a strange disease plagues people. But this wasn't the book I usually like to read, but what I would want my writing to be.
- Pictures of You - Josh Malerman: The first ARC of the month was the new Josh Malerman release. Unfortunately, this didn't connect with me, even though it should have (based on the themes I usually like to read). You can read my thoughts in more detail in my review.
- How High We Go in the Dark - Sequioa Nagamatsu: Why hadn't I picked this book up sooner? This is a collection of interconnected short stories set in a dystopian future (are you noticing a pattern?). There wasn't a single story that I didn't love, and there were multiple instances where I cried (even in public). I had heard of the amusement park story before, but nothing had prepared me of what would hit me while reading it.
- The Employees - Olga Ravn: Yet another dystopian/sci-fi book that was equally strange and fascinating. I went for this book because it fit many of the themes that I talked about in my reading audit and I wasn't disappointed. Be prepared though, as you won't be getting a clear answer and you will have to piece the interviews yourself to make this story work.
- Battle of the Round House - Tananarive Due: The second ARC that I was lucky to receive this month was this amazing novella. It's already out, so I whole-heartedly recommend that you pick it up! You can what I thought about it in my review.
- Η Μεγάλη Χίμαιρα - M. Karagatsis: This is a Greek classic novel that I'd been meaning to read for a long time. I ended up getting it from the library this summer as it is set in a ship and a Greek island. However, I didn't really like it (and I'm waiting to spill the tea in my bookclub's upcoming meeting).
Books I'm Currently Reading
- Don't Fear the Reaper - Stephen Graham Jones: Look at me, I'm making progress in the series I'm in the middle of! The truth is that I finished this book this morning, but I won't give you my thoughts yet as it will be featured in my August wrapup. What I will tell you though, is that I now consider Stephen Graham Jones as one of my favourite authors.
- Till Summer Do Us Part - Meghan Quinn: It's been a while since I read a romance novel, and this one seems the perfect one for the summer. Especially since next weekend I will be returning to my hometown, and will be going to the beach a lot. Let's hope that this turns out to be the 5* romance I've been waiting for.


Comments
Post a Comment
Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)