July 6, 2021

Play(list) by the Book - After the Quake, by Haruki Murakami

Hello, everyone! Even though I hadn't planned a new Play(list) by the Book, I happened upon a short story collection that gave me a chance of creating a new one. 

Of course, it's not surprising if you consider that it's yet another Haruki Murakami book. Previously, I had created a playlist dedicated to Kafka on the Shore, and the author is known for using music in his work. This playlist though is short and features a lot of old school jazz songs. I can see myself putting on with a glass of wine. Sit back and enjoy!  



As per usual, for this list, I have used all the songs and artists mentioned in the text. In this case, there were just a few songs mentioned specifically. Since I wasn't familiar with most of these jazz musician, I selected random songs that I liked. 

If you want to dig a little deeper, then you can check out Jazz at the Philarmonic All Star and the album Concerts by the Sea, by Erroll Garner. These are the only cases where I had an ensemble and a specific album to choose from. Moreover, in the text, there is a mention to the Trout Quintet by Schubert, from which I have only included one part. 

This Play(list) by the Book was a surprising addition to the series as until the fourth short story I didn't really have enough songs to justify a playlist. However, I always have so much fun compiling these literary playlists, and this was no exception!


Find more playlists at: Play(list) by the Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)