August 15, 2016

The Reading Book Post, August 15th


Hello, everyone! How is your summer reading going? I finally got some time to get to the things I was meant to for so long! Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The winners for the 2016 Aurora Awards have been announced at Canvention. Among the winning novels is A Daughter of No Nation, by A. M. Dellamonica, and An Inheritance of Ashes, by Leah Bobet.


  • Book trailers always get me hyped for the upcoming novels! Watch the book trailer of the children's book The Littlest Bigfoot, which will be published on September 13. Also, watch the book trailer, and read a little excerpt, from the soon-to-be published on August 9.


  • 20 years ago Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was published. So, London's British Library will exhibit J. K. Rowlings personal Harry Potter collection.


  • Language is constantly evolving. New words are added to our everyday lives every year! But there are some words that we all use that their etymology remains a mystery to us. Interesting, right?


  • Just a few months away from Gilmore Girls: A Year In Life, Lauren Graham has revealed the cover of her new memoir From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (And Everything in Between): Talking As Fast As I Can. The memoir will hit the shelves on November 29, just a few days after the series' premiere.


  • Mr. Men and Little Misses were a huge part of my childhood. The series is turning 45 years old, and in order to celebrate the occasion new characters will be joining the gang. So, get ready for Mr. Marvellous, Little Miss Fabulous, Mr. Adventure, and Little Miss Sparkle!



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Lauren Graham's new book! I'm a huge Gilmore Girls fan so this is just a dream for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her new book, the series itself! Why, oh why, is November 25th so far away?

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)