October 26, 2015

The Reading Book Post, October 26th


Hello, everyone! I'm back! It took me longer than I expected but due to technical problems, I couldn't really help it. But I've prepared many exciting things for the following week, so wait for them. With a few weeks' absent. let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • A map of Middle Earth annotated by Tolkien himself was found inside a copy of The Lord of the Rings. The copy belongs to the illustrator Pauline Baynes. Through this map we learn, for example, that Hobbiton is at the same latitude as Oxford. 


  • The cover of the upcoming Stephen King novel was revealed last week. The novel will be called End of Watch and it is due on June 7th, 2016. I have to admit that this cover has left an impression on me!


  • On October 20 we celebrated the National Day on Writing. On this day, many authors used the hashtag #WhyIWrite on twitter. Very interesting thought! 


  • We also have some Mark Millar news this week (Yay!). The creator announced that sequels for his well-known works are under their way. So we should expect Chrononauts 2: Futureshock on July 2016, Jupiter's Legacy in the spring and Hit-Girl, although this will be written by a new author.


  • Until now, we thought that a sketch by Charlotte Bronte that was found on her school atlas was the picture of a classmate. Now experts say that it might be a portrait of the author herself, years before she wrote Jane Eyre. There is indeed a similar scene in the novel.


  • The hotel that inspired The Shining will be turned into the world's first horror museum. Until now, it hosted the Stanley Film Festival. Now that's a thing I'd like to see!

  • The Girl in the Spider's Web was published last September. But fans of the Millenium series rejoice: David Lagercrantz has just revealed that there will be at least two more sequels. I'm curious!

  • Tomorrow the long-awaited new novel by David Mitchell will be published. The novel will be called The Slade House and it's a ghost story. But read this interview of the writer talking about it.


  • Just for fun! This is a random plot generator. You just insert some random facts and it generates a plot. I chose a horror story and the result was really funny (we're talking about a killer pot here!). Try it out and let me know the result! 

  • How Would You Die in a Stephen King Horror? Take this creepy quiz to find out! I got that I would be sacrificed by the religiously fanatic kids from Children of the Corn. What did you get?

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely trip! I had seen the #WhyIwrite trend, such an awesome idea! Very interesting about charlotte bronte and I would be killed by Annie Wilkes in 'Misery' :P

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was amazing! That's one of the creepiest Stephen King's books! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, hope all the techical problems have now been solved for you.

    I agree, the Stephen King cover really leaves an impression. It looks awesome.

    I heard about that Shining Hotel turning in a museum and I would love to visit it someday, if I am ever in the US. :)

    For the quiz (as I was really curious about it) and got : Sacrificed by the religiously fanatic kids from "Children of the Corn" Which sounds pretty creepy, I never seen the movie, but I heard enough about to know this is a pretty gruesome death (though then again, whenever is a death in Stephen Kings book not gruesome?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now everything works like a charm!

      This cover is absolutely amazing!

      I have to agree that every death in a Stephen King novel is gruesome!

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)