October 25, 2015

Review: The Afterlife Decision: Chapter One: The Offer by Michael Smith


Title: The Afterlife Decision

Author: Michael Smith

Publisher: Self-published

Date of Publication: 2015

Number of Pages: 27

Disclaimer: The author provided me a copy of his book in exchange of an honest review. Thank you so much!

Summary


Steven Brett is in prison awaiting for his parole hearing, however, before he gets interviewed by the parole board he is sent to a room to be interviewed by both an angel and a demon.

They make him an offer which will not only affect the rest of his life but also his afterlife.

However, there are consequences if Steven accepts the offer or rejects the offer which are both appealing and unappealing.

Review


The Afterlife Decision is a very quick read. In fact, it's as the title suggests, the first chapter of a bigger story. The premise is very interesting and I think that it has a potential.

But there are definitely many issues that need to be taken care of. All of the problems could be summarised with just one word, editing. I mean serious editing. First of all, this is just a chapter, it doesn't need to be divided into smaller ones. Also, there are some serious punctuations mistakes that are a little disorienting. Another problem I found out was the repetition of "police officer" and "Steven's cell mate" in conversations. 

Apart from these, the story was intriguing enough to make me want to read the second chapter. I hope that we will learn Steven's backstory there, which is lacking here. 

So, my advice is...

What would you choose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)