Monthly Reading Wrap-Up: September 2026
Hello, everyone! I feel like I write this in every reading wrap-up, but I can't believe how quickly another month has passed! We are now officially in my favourite season, and even though I'm busy with work, I'm so excited about reading. I think that you can understand that by taking a look at what I read during September. Despite me reading fewer books than I normally do, I loved the majority of them. The fact that I DNFed one book definitely helped.
So, let's see what I read this month:
Books I've Finished in September 2026
- Brighton Rock - Graham Greene: I talked about this book in my previous reading wrap-up, and I ended up finishing it in the first days of September. Even though I can't compare it with my favourite books by Graham Greene, it was still pretty good and it discussed morality and catholicism, which are very interesting. Pinkie is such a memorable protagonist/villain.
- ...άμμος - Michalis Makropoulos: The I picked up this book from the Athens Book Fair that took place in September. I first read from this author in July and since then I've been wanting to read more. His writing inspires me so much, and I find similarities to my own writing style. What I'm trying to say is that I loved this book and I think that I've found another favourite author.
- My Year of Rest and Relaxation - Ottessa Moshfegh: I'm late to the party, but I finally read My Year of Rest and Relaxation this past month. I'd already read from Ottessa Moshfegh before, so I knew that I would like the writing. The actual story? It was okay, but I did find it a bit repetitive.
- Ribbonwood - Ruby Landers: Guys, I've found another romance that I ended up loving. And it's another sapphic romance! The weird thing is that the prologue and chapter 1 really put me off and I was considering DNFing. I'm so glad that I didn't! It was all kinds of heartfelt and spicy, without being silly/immature (which is an issue I often have) or spicy just for the sake of it.
- What We Can Know - Ian McEwan: I've told you numerous times that I love this author, and I've now read 9 of his books. This time though, it was special, as he would be visiting Greece and I had tickets to attend the event. I'm glad that I finished this book beforehand, as it illuminated that conversation. For me, this was another success. This book talked about what we really can know from history, how we reconstruct the past, and the dillusions we incorporate in this reconstruction. It is also set in a not-so-future dystopian future.
Books I DNFed
- Trickster Makes the World - Lewis Hyde: I'm disappointed that I couldn't keep reading this book. I just couldn't. Even though some parts were interesting, I struggled for the most part and it gave me similar feelings to Women who run with the wolves. I think that my decision to DNF was a good one, as it would certainly have put me into a reading slump.
Books I'm Currently Reading
- Departure(s) - Julian Barnes: I know that in my recent "Books that have stayed too long in my TBR", I'd included Flaubert's Parrot from this author, and now I'll be reading another one of his books. But the author will be in Athens in a few days and I want to attend the even having read his latest (and last from what he's announced) book, which this will be discussing. I know nothing about the synopsis and the themes of this book, but I'm excited to try it.


Comments
Post a Comment
Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)