April 4, 2016

The Reading Book Post, April 4th


Hello, everybody! These past days, it has finally started to  feel like spring and I couldn't be happier. It's the season to take a book and read in the park! Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The Ted Hughes Poetry Award 2015 was given to David Morley for his poetry collection The Invisible Gift: Selected Poems. Moreover, the 2015 James Tiptree, Jr. Literary Award winners, honor list, and long list were announced. The two winners of the award are Eugene Fischer, for The New Mother, and Pat Schmatz, for Lizard Radio.

  • Kurt Sutter along with BOOM! Studios will launch a new comic book series, called Lucas Stand. The comic will be written by Sutter and Caitlin Kittredge and the art will be created by Jesús Hervás. The first issue is due in June, but you can see the cover right now!

  • Any Outlander fans here? This Friday, April 8th, an Outlander prequel will be released. The novella will be called Virgins, will be standalone and it will follow Jamie Fraser as a young man.

  • Last year, we fell completely in love with the illustrated Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This fall, prepare for the release of the illustrated Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets! I can't wait!

  • According to a recent study, the grammar errors and typos affect the reader's perception of the writer differently depending on their personality traits. It's interesting that the level of education didn't affect the readers. Instead traits like introversion and lack of openness were very important.

  • Which Strong Female Character Are You? Take the quiz to find out! I got Katniss Everdeen, how about you?

6 comments:

  1. I got Katniss too! Although I was kind of hoping for Hermione. I can't wait for the illustrated Chamber of Secrets! I don't even own the first one, but just looking at the pictures get's me blown away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those illustrated versions are so amazing! I just need to have all of them for my library :)

      Delete
  2. I love these posts of yours because of the interesting finds you come across, the one about how grammar errors and typos affect the reader's perception of writers differently is so, so interesting! How funny (and smart) that they framed it for the study participants in terms of looking for a potential housemate :P

    I got Hermoine :P

    Enjoy Springtime, we're still waiting for winter to kick in over here in Aus, haha.

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! There are of course many many more news I could include, but I want to select the fun and interesting ones, like this research!

      Yay! I was aiming for Hermione, to be honest :)

      Delete
  3. I got Katniss too! These quizzes are fun thanks for featuring them on your posts
    http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love doing quizzes! They are fun. I'm glad you enjoy them :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)