April 11, 2016

The Reading Book Post, April 11th


Hello, everyone! I'm so excited because next weekend I'll be attending Comicdom Con in Athens. If any of you will be there, come say hi. I will be the one dressed as Rin from Fate/Stay Night. Anyway, as usual, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award was given to Meg Rosoff, for the body of her work. Among her novels are How I Live Now and Just In Case. Moreover, the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction shortlist for 2016 was revealed earlier today. 

  • A very rare Shakespeare folio was discovered in Scotland last week. This is the first published collection of the playwright's works and dates in 1623.

  • Kimberley McCreight's next novel, The Outliers, is coming on May 3. But until then you can watch the book trailer, see the cover and read an excerpt from the book!

  • A book that explains how all the portal worlds relate to each other? Yes, please! Here is the method of relating the one world to the other and a map created with some of the most known of those worlds, like Narnia, Oz and The Dreaming. 

  • What you have when you take the covers of children and young adult paperback editions of the 1980's and change the titles based on the images? Of course, hilarity! Take a look at this Twitter account! 

  • Which Childhood Classic Book Best Describes You? Take the quiz to find out! I got The Secret Garden. How cute! what did you get?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that twitter account, hahahaha, it's so so weird to see that :P
    I got Charlotte's Web - which I had totally forgotten about! Haha, such a blast from the past.

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, this twitter account is so funny!

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)