August 6, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


Thank you so much to Bookfreak 101 @ Confessions of a Bookfreak for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.

The rules for this award are:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
  • Put the award logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions sent to you.
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Nominate ten blogs.


Bookfreak 101's questions:

1. What is your favorite book to movie/ Which book to movie are you looking forward to the most?
The Princess Bride, I can't seriously pick which is my favourite from the two. Both the novel and the film are amazing! This year I anticipate the movie adaptation of The Martian, I hope that I won't be disappointed.
2. Which book that you have read so far this year have the best cover (pretty, cool, simply beautiful ...)?
The Diary of a Provincial Lady has an amazing cover (I love floral so much!). But I will also say the covers of the manga Ao Haru Ride (Blue Spring Ride), I can't really tell which one because they are all gorgeous.
3. Name one book that makes you really nostalgic and why.
Matilda by Roald Dahl, I remember how I loved it when I first read it and I still do.
4. Which book is the first one you remember Reading and how old were you when you first read it?
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. My sister had a copy of this novel and I was always fascinated by the illustrations.
5. Why did you start blogging?
Because I wanted to share my love for books.
6. Name three books that you thought you'd love but ended up hating.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Dracula by Bram Stoker and Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
7. What is the most important thing in a book, do you think (the characters, the plot, the writing style, etc.)?
The ideal book would be a combination of all those things, but I'll just be realistic here. I prefer books with characters I can relate to and an emotional feel. I also like thought-provoking novels.
8. What makes you interested in reading a book (the cover, someone recommended it, the synopsis, etc.)?
Mostly the synopsis. But when I know and like an author sometimes I just pick up the book without looking at anything. 
9. What are your top 3 authors of all time?
David Mitchell, Neil Gaiman, and Jane Austen.
10. What are your top 3 books (or series) of all time?
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, and The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.


My questions:

1. Which book do you anticipate the most in 2015?
2. Which is your favourite place to read?
3. What type of characters are you more inclined to like?
4. Which is the worst genre for you?
5. If you wrote a novel what would it be called?
6. How would your ideal book cover be like?
7. Which standalone novel do you believe that deserves a sequel?
8. Which novel/book series would you like to be adapted to graphic novel(s)?
9. What was your most recent book purchase?
10. Which was the book that made you emotional the most?



13 comments:

  1. This tag looks like fun! Thanks for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really fun answering the questions :)

      Delete
    2. Hopefully mine will be up soon. Grrr computer problems.

      Delete
    3. Can't wait to read your answers! :D

      Delete
  2. I've already done the tag, but thanks for nominating me! Realistic and relatable characters are super important to me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really sure! Yes, a good character can make up for a not so good plot, don't you think?

      Delete
  3. The film adaptation of The Princess Bride is wonderful! The actors were amazing and the scenery was just so epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree! It's one of the films that I can rewatch anytime <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks! Here is my post:

    http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2015/08/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm checking out your answers :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for nominating me! I can't wait to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's done!! http://lessrealitymorebooks.blogspot.ie/2015/08/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

      Sinead @ Less Reality More Books

      Delete
    2. That's great! I'm checking them out right now :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)