August 1, 2015

Confession Saturday: Dear Mark Watney


Hello, everyone! Confession Saturday is a new weekly feature, in which we will have the chance to express our feelings towards certain characters. This time of the week we will choose one character and write to him/her about all the things we would like to say. We can explain why we like or dislike each character, which of his/her actions we don't understand and generally whatever comes to mind. 


New: I've just added a Linky Tool to Confession Saturday, be sure to leave your links there! You can submit your links throughout the whole week.

This week I'm writing a letter to Mark Watney from The Martian (2014) by Andy Weir. I loved this novel and a big reason for this was Mark's character. So, there you have it..


Dear Mark,

How did you manage not to go insane? You were lucky enough and crafty, in order to survive, but you were alone for so long! And Mars isn't exactly the most human-friendly place on the galaxy. I mean, after this adventure I would expect you to have some mental issues, but you still managed to remain the same. 

Although the situation you found yourself into, you never lost your courage and you humour and I believe that this is the reason why you did so well in the end. You were in a place that could kill you in a lot of different ways, you were in danger of starving to death, you had to improvise several times and you had to listen to disco and only to disco for a long, long time.

You're a hero!

Yours,

Aeriko 

8 comments:

  1. This could be a very interesting method for reviewing a book. Any novel could theoretically be reviewed in the form of a letter to the protagonist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also think it could work for a whole review. Maybe I'll try it sometime!

      Delete
  2. I really like this letter! I really want to read The Martian since everybody seems to be talking about it. I just added a link to my post in the linky. My letter was to Gale from The Hunger Games. It was so much fun to write and it ended up being longer than I expected.
    ~Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Martian is a great novel, full with action and humour.

      Thank you for taking park :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this book! I thought Marks character was very brave also! I love your letter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Martian is almost a one-man show, so Mark had to be a well-developed character!

      Delete
  4. Hey!! I nominated you for the 90s book tag! Have fun with it!! :D
    http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/90s-movie-book-tag.html
    Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)