August 29, 2015

Confession Saturday: Dear Cadence


Hello, everyone! Confession Saturday is a weekly feature, in which we will have the chance to express our feelings towards certain characters. This time of the week we will choose one character and write to him/her about all the things we would like to say. We can explain why we like or dislike each character, which of his/her actions we don't understand and generally whatever comes to mind. 


This week I'm going to write a letter to Cadence, the young protagonist of the book We Were Liars (2014) by E. Lockhart. This is a thrilling novel with a lot of twists and turns and you can't really see the end coming.


Dear Cadence,

your situation is grave. I don't even know where to begin, but you definitely need psychological help.

The trauma you had to get over was impossible, to be honest. I would lose it as well if I were in your position. It might be a relief though that you couldn't really remember anything. Or maybe it was what it made it even worse because when you finally remembered, it came as a second shock. And it was a shock for all of us. 

You should have planned the whole mission differently. You should have left a little room for mistakes and alternations of the last moment. I can't propose anything better, but I'm sure that if the four of you had thought about it more thoroughly then you would have succeeded. 

I'm not sure how I feel about you. I guess I like you, but my compassion is stronger. 

Yours,
Aeriko

8 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds actually good ! I have already heard of the author but not of the book, I guess I'll have to add this to my to-read list !
    Lovely letter ^^

    @ "Book Addict"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great novel! And you will definitely be shocked by the twists :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds very intriguing! Love the way you write! :)

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Cadence could have executed her plan better. I found her to be quite impulsive, but I did feel for her in her dark times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such a shame to have that outcome! Anyway, I feel for Cadence, she had to get through a lot.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! Today there will be another one :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)