April 4, 2015

The Classics Club Spin #9

The Classics Club Spin list of books

The Classics Club is doing another Classics Club Spin. In this event, all the Classics Club members are called to read a classic book within a certain amount of time. But it's not that simple. Each one who wants to participate makes a Spin list, then the Club announces a certain number and the book that it's in that list's number is the one that you have to read. This is the first time that I am taking part in the Spin and I'm really excited about it.

So here is my Spin list:
  1. The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
  2. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  3. Sons and Lovers by D. H. Lawrence
  4. Howards End by E. M. Forster
  5. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
  6. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
  7. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
  8. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
  9. Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
  10. Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
  11. Lorna Doone by R. D. Blackmore
  12. Parade's End by Ford Madox Ford
  13. The Strange Case of Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
  14. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
  15. This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  16. Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
  17. Twice-Told Tales by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  18. Nana by Emile Zola
  19. La Dame aux Camelias by Alexander Dumas-fis
  20. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

This is my list of 20 books. I haven't read any of this books and I've been meaning to for quite some time. Of course, there are some titles that I'm dreading, like Nana, Lorna Doone, Little Dorrit and La Dame aux Camelias. I hope that I will be lucky in my first Classics Club Spin. 

6 comments:

  1. That looks like great fun, I hope you enjoy it! Your list of books looks pretty great, but I have to say that I haven't read any of them, even though there are copies of a couple of them at my house. I've resolved to read more classics this year and so far I've read one, The Great Gatsby (two if you count Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, which I just finished and will probably review tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to do it! Those are all books that I want to read. I have read some of the authors' other works and most of them are either in my bookselves, or in my kindle. I have a great love for classics and therefore I've read my fair share of them, although I hope that my list will only grow more!
      The Great Gatsby is a really nice book, I enjoyed it. I have only read Slaughterhouse five by Kurt Vonnegut, so I'm waiting for your review! :)

      Delete
  2. All the books in the list are really great, I hope you enjoy reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Little by little I hope to read all them! :)

      Delete
  3. You have some very good books on your list! I've only read half of them. I'm not a big fan of Fitzgerald. I confess I've never finished The Great Gatsby. I love Dickens, though. Little Dorrit isn't my favorite (that would be Bleak House) but it isn't awful. I can see how you would dread it if you don't love the Victorian authors, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm afraid of Little Dorrit because of the number of pages! Dickens in nice, I've read other works of his (well Great Expectations and Oliver Twist were some of the first classics I read). The book I'm really really dreading is Nana, because in the past I had started it but dropped it quickly.

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)