May 2, 2019

Play(list) by the Book - Nocturnes, by Kazuo Ishiguro

literary paylist

Hello everyone! 

How have you been as of late? 

It's certainly been a long time writing here, but I am still reading like crazy! And upon reading, I'm always happy to discover books that mention many songs in them, and therefore give me the chance of creating another Play(list) by the Book. This year has been one of change, and one thing that I have begun is a radio show called Play(list) by the Book. The playlist that you'll discover today, was first presented in the radio (I'll put a link at the end of the post for those who want to discover the show). 

So, this Play(list) by  the Book comes from the book Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's a collection of five short stories, all around music. I have to admit that this is one of my favourite playlists, as it consists of many jazz songs. Sit back and enjoy - ideally in the darkness with a glass of wine.


As per usual, the playlist consists of songs mentioned in the book. I have also included songs of the artists and albums mentioned in the text. In those cases I have chosen a song that I really like. In Nocturnes finding the songs was fairly easy, and I didn't face any problem.


Find more playlists at: Play(list) by the Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)