January 1, 2018

Reading Challenge 2018


Now that 2018 is here, it's time to set the new reading challenge! I didn't manage to finish the 2017 Reading Challenge, but this year I'm determined to make it! I really enjoy this challenge, although it's a tough one, so for the 2018 reading challenge I'm going to keep more or less the same categories. 


So, in 2018 I will read:
  1. a novel from Europe: Death in Venice, by Thomas Mann
  2. a novel from Middle East: The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran
  3. a novel from East Asia: Revenge, by Yoko Ogawa
  4. a novel from North America: Artemis, by Andy Weir
  5. a novel from South America
  6. a novel from Oceania: The Arrival, by Shaun Tan
  7. a novel from Africa
  8. a novel that won the Man Booker Prize
  9. a novel than won the Pulitzer Prize: Maus, by Art Spiegelman
  10. a novel written by a Nobel Prize recipient: Nocturnes, by Kazuo Ishiguro
  11. a playThe Firebugs: A Morality Without a Moral, by Max Frisch
  12. a book of poetry: Phenomenal Woman: Four Poems Celebrating Women, by Maya Angelou
  13. a collection of short stories: Revenge, by Yoko Ogawa
  14. a manga: Cat Street (8 Vol.), by Yoko Kamio
  15. a superhero comic: Daredevil: Born Again, by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli
  16. a non-superhero comic: My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies, by Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips
  17. a classic: Heart of Darkness, and Selected Short Fiction, by Joseph Conrad
  18. a non-fiction bookRomancing the Beat: Story Structure for Romance Novels, by Gwen Hayes
  19. a memoir/biographyThe Reason I Jump:The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism, by Naoki Higashida
  20. a novel that won the Nebula Award
So, this is it! This is the third year that I'm doing this challenge, and I'm really happy that it will "force" me to read more diverse books. Feel free to join me!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this! I always love seeing bloggers' progress on their challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, what a challenge! That's a really interesting idea to read something from the world's many corners -- you get so much variety that way, a lot of exposure to very different styles, themes, and voices. I'd love to try something like that sometime (no way it would work with my current reading rate lol). How's Artemis so far?

    Best of luck with this, Konstantina. Hope 2018 is treating you well! :) A belated Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)