December 19, 2016

The Reading Book Post, December 19th


Hello, everyone! Christmas is just a few days and I can't wait! I imagine the presents and all of the gingerbread cookies I'm going to consume! Unfortunately, it isn't snowing in my area although I'm still hoping for white Christmas. Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • Can't get enough of the Red Rising trilogy? Well, I have great news for you: Pierce Brown is releasing a new book that will continue the story of the popular books. In fact, Iron Gold launched a brand new trilogy set in the same galaxy as Red Rising. You can now preview the cover of Iron Gold, as well as learn more about its plot. 


  • BOOK TRAILER ALERT! By now, you all know my love for those small videos, so here is the chance to eatch another one. This time you can watch the book trailer for All Our Wrong Todays, by Elan Mastai. Alongside the trailer, you can read the first 8 chapters of the novel.


  • Hearts in Suspension is officially out. Stephen King with 10 other -out of the 13- essay authors for this collection gathered to launch this brand new book. In Hearts in Suspension the authors describe their experiences at the University of Maine during the '70s. 


  • We were all shocked by the Orlando mass shooting on 12 June. The comic book author Marc Andreyko suggested and created an anthology that would benefit the victims. The anthology is called Love is Love and it featured work from the decumentarian Morgan Spurlock, the actor Matt Bomer, and comedians Patton Oswalt and Taran Killam, among others.


  • Have you ever wondered how come the princesses are usually so hopeless towards danger? Well, a mom gave a slight transformation to her daughter's Disney princess book and the message is really empowering!


  • I love when shows have plenty of literary references. Here is a list of all the literary references on Younger. Maybe I should binge-watch it!


  • There are times when you are reading a new book you've picked up and you are so engrossed by it that you can't put it down. But there are some times that you notice something strange with the text. Yes, I'm talking about those typos that can happen to all of us! Here is a list of typos found on first editions of some well-known and popular novels.


  • Can You Match the Christmas Quote to the Book? Take the quiz to find out! This quiz just reminded me of some wonderful Christmas reads, like My True Love Gave Me, which I might just start re-reading it now that I'm thinking about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)