June 27, 2016

The Reading Book Post, June 27th


Hello, everyone! After a long break, I'm finally back on track and I will post more frequently. This summer is so hot that I only want to stay at the beach! Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The 2016 Locus Awards have been announced! Among the winners is Naomi Novik for her novel Uprooted and Neil Gaiman for his shoro story collection Trigger Warnings. Also, the 2016 Inkwell Awards winners became public. Favourite inker for 2016 is Joe Prado. Moreover, the PEN Pinter Prize was awarded to Margaret Atwood.

  • We all loved Illuminae and honestly I can't wait until October, when the sequel Gemina is going to be publiced. Until then we can read an excerpt of the upocoming novel by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

  • Kick-Ass is awesome! I'm so happy that this much beloved comic protagonist will return. Furthermore, Mark Millar has announced that the hero this time will be a black woman. I'm so excited about this!

  • But this week brought some sad news as well. Author Michael Herr has passed away at the age of 76. He was best known for his novel Dispatches and the screenplay of Stanley Kubrick's film Full Metal Jacket

  • You all know my love for colouring books! The new colouring book that I'm obsessed is Chuck Palahniuk's. It's called Bait: Off-Color Stories for you to Color and it will be released on October 26, 2016.

  • For all of us bookworms, it's natural than we are more interested in dating people that also read. But in the UK dating app, MyBae, it's most popular tag is about books! It turns out that reading also helps in dating.

  • Have you already made your summer reading list? For a last minute recommendation, here is a quiz that might help you! Which YA Book Should You Read This Summer? I got The Way Back To You, by Michelle Andreani and Mindi Scott and I'm adding it to my list right away! Which one did you get?

2 comments:

  1. I got Unrivaled by Alyson Noel! That colouring book looks super awesome and unique!

    Wren @ http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)