Hello, everyone! Summer has arrived and I'm trying to compile my summer reading list. There are a couple of books of my favourite authors coming out and some others that I've wanted to read for a while. If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know! Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.
- The V&A Illustration Award 2016 was given to Kate Milner for her picture book My Name is Not Refugee. In this picture book the creator aims to show children what is the refugee crisis.
- One of the first novel to be published in summer that I expect is definitely Stephen King's End of Watch. You can read an excerpt from it before its publication on June 7.
- Which is the first science fiction story? Could it be one of Edgar Allan Poe's, or one of Mary Shelley's? Well, the genre might have appeared even earlier than we thought, as the 1616 The Chemical Wedding is considered the first science fiction story.
- Any fans of the Mortal Instruments series? It seems that Cassandra Clare will publish an adult trilogy about the character we all know (and love) Magnus Bane! But we'll have to wait until November 2017 for the release of the first instalment.
- You all know by now my love for David Mitchell. The author has delivered his manuscript for the Future Library Project, which will be released on 2114. The only thing we know, and we'll ever learn is the it's called From Me Flows What You Call Time.
- Which Literary Creep Is Your Alter Ego? Take the quiz to find out! It turns out that my alter ego is none other than Cathy Ames from the novel East of Eden. Which one is yours?