May 31, 2016

Play(list) by the Book: Summer Days & Summer Nights, edited by Stephanie Perkins



Hello, everyone! What a better way to welcome summer than listening to the Play(list) by the Book of the short story collection edited by Stephanie Perkins, Summer Days & Summer Nights! Plus, I always have so much fun compiling and listening to all those literary playlists. So, turn up your volume and enjoy!





As usual, I've included all the songs and artists mentioned in the short stories. Some of them didn't mention even one, others featured many. This playlist turned out to be more punk than I expected. When only an artist was named I chose the song thay I liked the most. The same applied to the case where only the album was mentioned. In the short story Inertia by Veronica Roth a band called Chase Wolcott plays an important role, and especially their song with the same title as the story. Also, another song is mentiones called Traditional Panic. I couldn't find anything about this band, so I figured that it was a fictional one. In case you know that this is a real music group, please let me know, for I'd like to listen to their songs!


Find more playlists at: Play(list) by the Book
Radio Show: Play(list) by the Book  

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! Perfect for some nice reading outside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! And this playlist turned out to be a very good one :)

      Delete
  2. Even I have been looking for the band but seems it's a fictional one. would have been really coolif it were real ;) the story was amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be cool, but I didn't expect it..It works wonderfully for the story, though...

      Delete
  3. Yes, I think Chase Wolcott is fictional, so there is no real "Inertia" or "Traditional Panic", but I have written my own because it was too tempting an opportunity to resist!
    I can't wait for the Inertia movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information! <3
      Why don't you share with us what you have written?
      What? Is an Inertia movie really happening?

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)