March 16, 2016

The Reading Book Post, March 15th


Hello, everybody! As you might have noticed I'm taking part in another Classics Club Spin and so I'll have to read As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner by May 2, 2016. I can't wait to read it! Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The shortlist for The Wellcome Book Prize 2016 was revealed! The winner will become known on April 25, 2016.


  • To Kill A Mockingbird is without a doubt an iconic novel. But the mass-market paperback edition of this book will no longer be available, after the decision of the Harper Lee Estate.

  • A volunteer has discovered a rare letter written by the poet Walt Whitman in lieu of a dying soldier to his wife. Although it is known that the poet wrote those kind of letters, very few of them are actually saved.

  • There is a lot of speculation on who Elena Ferrante really is. Last week, the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera hinted that this might be the pseudonym of a university professor in Naples, but it was immediately denied by Ms. Ferrante's publisher, Edizioni E/O. 


  • The Batman '89 series might have happened! Artist Quinones revealed that he along with the writer Kate Leth planned to revisit the 1989 Tim Burton film, Batman Returns. The project was rejected by the editors, and so, we can only speculate. Would you have read it? 


  • Stuck on what to read next? Then you'll definitely find this infographic very helpful. All you have to do is decide which genre you'd like to read!


  • In Which Original Grimm Story Do You Belong? Take the quiz to find out! I got Rapunzel, how about you?


6 comments:

  1. A lot of interesting news again:)
    And I got Sleeping beauty :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Aw, I love the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale :)

      Delete
  2. That story about the volunteer finding the letter is amazing! I belong in Rapunzel apparently! :P

    Have a lovely week! :)

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine being that volunteer! I would definitely feel awed :)

      Delete
  3. I got sleeping beauty on the quiz :D

    http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so amazing! It's a wonderful fairy tale :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)