July 16, 2015

Thursday Quotables: Go Set A Watchman


Hello, everyone! Welcome to Thursday Quotables! This weekly feature is hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies. Every week we highlight a great quote, line, or passage discovered during your reading each week.



This week's passage comes from none other than the much anticipated Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee, which was published a few days ago. I will only put a small passage here because I don't really want to spoil it. I'll just say that I'm so happy to encounter all those beloved characters again!

Atticus raised his eyebrows in warning. He watched his daughter's daemon rise and dominate her: her eyebrows, like his, were lifted, the heavy-lidded eyes beneath them grew round, and one corner of her mouth was raised dangerously. When she looked thus, only God and Robert Browning knew what she was likely to say.

Sounds like Scout, doesn't it?

Have you grabbed a copy of Go Set A Watchman yet? What are your first thoughts about it?

7 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for this awesome blog award. Check it out here
    http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-book-fangirling-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, great quote. I can't decide on this one. I've heard such mixed things about it. Hope you are enjoying it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)

      It didn't disappoint me, in fact, I found it great. Today I'll post the review!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed this book:) I haven't read it yet, but I'm hoping to soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting for it and all my hype didn't go to waste :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)