Hello, everyone! I'm so happy that you liked Confession Saturday and I hope that next week our group will be bigger. But, let's take a look on what happened in the literary world the previous week.
- The Desmond Elliot Prize 2015 was awarded to Claire Fuller for her novel Our Endless Numbered Days. Meanwhile, the shortlist for the Stanford Dolman Travel Book of the Year was annonced. Among the nominees are The Land Where Lemons Grow, A Journey to Russia and Indonesia Etc: Exploring the Improbable Nation.
- Stephen King has released an exclusive audiobook edition of his short story Drunken Fireworks. He narrates the story himself. Drunken Fireworks will be included in the collection The Bazzar of Bad Dreams which is due out in November.
- The publication of Go Set A Watchman is only a few days away. But last week was made public that the manuscript was discovered in 2011 and not in 2014 that was the official story.
- Parent by Day. Hero by Night. This is the new direction that Jessica Drew has taken. She appears in the cover for Spider-Womam #1 pregnant. The new issues will be available in October.
- Scribd announced that it cuts down the number of romance and erotica titles available. Caused by the high demand of these genres the online service is facing an unsustainable cost.
- Summer is here and many of us take our reading to the beach. Learn how to protect your e-reader from the sun, surf and sand. Also, seven authors reveal what book will they read this summer.
- You know my love for folklore, so this week's quiz is all about it. Which monster from folklore are you? I got the Troll. Which one did you get?