July 6, 2015

The Reading Book Post, July 6th


Hello, everyone! I'm so happy that you liked Confession Saturday and I hope that next week our group will be bigger. But, let's take a look on what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The Desmond Elliot Prize 2015 was awarded to Claire Fuller for her novel Our Endless Numbered Days. Meanwhile, the shortlist for the Stanford Dolman Travel Book of the Year was annonced. Among the nominees are The Land Where Lemons Grow, A Journey to Russia and  Indonesia Etc: Exploring the Improbable Nation.


  • Stephen King has released an exclusive audiobook edition of his short story Drunken Fireworks. He narrates the story himself. Drunken Fireworks will be included in the collection The Bazzar of  Bad Dreams which is due out in November.

  • The publication of Go Set A Watchman is only a few days away. But last week was made public that the manuscript was discovered in 2011 and not in 2014 that was the official story.

  • Parent by Day. Hero by Night. This is the new direction that Jessica Drew has taken. She appears in the cover for Spider-Womam #1 pregnant. The new issues will be available in October.

  • Scribd announced that it cuts down the number of romance and erotica titles available. Caused by the high demand of these genres the online service is facing an unsustainable cost. 

  • Summer is here and many of us take our reading to the beach. Learn how to protect your e-reader from the sun, surf and sand. Also, seven authors reveal what book will they read this summer.

  • You know my love for folklore, so this week's quiz is all about it. Which monster from folklore are you? I got the Troll. Which one did you get?    


4 comments:

  1. Interesting news about Scribd! I got a Siren on the quiz! Haha. have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting indeed, although I never used it much!
      Siren? Beautiful, but dangerous creature. Have a nice week :)

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of Scribd until one of the groups I am in on Facebook mentioned the cutting down of romance. I don't think that will go over well. For the quiz I got the Booeyman (woman).

    Have a great week!

    Tina @ Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I don't use it a lot myself, I was able to find books there that I couldn't find anywhere else. It's a great site. Boogeyman is a very interesting creature :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)