July 27, 2015

The Reading Book Post, July 27th


Hello, everyone! The end of July is approaching and I can't believe we've already passed the middle of summer. I have to admit that this week I was the most distracted, a sign that perhaps I need some days off. At least, I hope that I'll get something close to vacations when my boyfriend visits at the end of the week. But, as every Monday, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • The Not the Booker Prize longlist has just been announced. The list contains 70 titles in total and you can vote the two novels of your choice all the following week. From these 70 novels, only six will reach the shortlist. So, if you're interested follow the link in order to vote. 


  • So, the European Quidditch Championship (EQC) 2015 has been completed with France being the champion. In the final, which took place in Sarteano, Italy, France beat England with the score 90-50. 


  • The second issue of Archie's re-imagining is coming on August 19. The classic comic series was relaunched by Mark Waid and Fiona Staples. Take a look at a couple of pages from the new issue.


  • Sad news for the literary world this week. Author E.L. Doctorow passed away at the age of 84. Some of his most popular and celebrated works are Ragtime, Billy Bathgate and The March


  • Have you read the Craft Sequence series? I haven't, but when I watched this fan-made book trailer of the second book of the series Two Serpents Rise I was really interested in doing so.


  • What do teachers what the children to read? The National Association for the Teaching of English and the Times Educational Supplement made a list which answers this question, based in the choices of 500 teachers. The list, for the most part, includes classic books and I'm glad that there are some of my own childhood's books there. Which were the books of your childhood?


  • Which YA novel would you be in? Take the quiz to find out! I got Looking for Alaska by John Green. What did you get?


10 comments:

  1. I'm really bad at reading new releases so unfortunately I can't vote in the Not The Booker Prize but I'll certainly be interested to see the results.

    Also why is their a Quidditch World Cup? It does slightly depress me that Ireland didn't do well, it just goes to show that the only place where we do well in international sport is in fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that I'm going to vote either. But I'm interested in the results.

      Why not? It's fun and it's Harry Potter! Greece also doesn't do well in international sports (although we do have a pretty good basketball team) :)

      Delete
  2. Yay go France! :D
    And I got Harry potter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you!! In a world full of wizards... :D

      Delete
  3. That list made me want to reread Matilda again!!! Haha. Also, I got Anna and the French Kiss on the quiz which you reviewed a while back :)

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww that's a great result! I'm a little jealous <3

      Delete
  4. I got The Hunger Games.

    Not quite sure what that says about me xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great adventure! At least it's not as violent as Battle Royale is! :D

      Delete
  5. I got Harry Potter, but I've never read it! Would you suggest it?
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)