July 13, 2015

The Reading Book Post, July 13th


Hello, everyone! This has been a rough week for Greece, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. But, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous days. 

  • The 2014 Shirley Jackson Awards were announced a few days ago. Among the winners are Jeff VanderMeer for his novel Annihilation and Daryl Gregory for his novella We Are All Completely Fine.


  • Tomorrow is the day! The publication of Go Set A Watchman is only a day away and in Harper Lee's hometown they are already celebrating. But there are also many concerns about the book since Atticus Finch is portrayed a racist. I won't hide that this comes as a shock for me! Finally, Harper Lee's lawyer Tonja Carter has hinted that there might be another unpublished manuscript of the famous author. 

  •  Joss Whedon's next project will be a comic series called Twist. The series will be a Victorian thriller and will be published by Dark Horse Comics. It is to be expected in six issues, but there isn't yet a release date.


  • So, John Green has given some advice on love and life to the readers of Seventeen magazine. The Q&A is featured in August's issue, which was released on July 7th.

  • Dark Horse Comics has announced that The Legend of Korra will continue as a new comic series. The comic will be created by Michael Dante DiMartino and it will pick up from where the show left off.

  • In Charles Dickens's literary magazine All Year Round were published many anonymous poems and short stories. But a recently discovered collection of the author's magazine, includes Dickens's own notes. In these notes, we learn that some anonymous pieces belong to authors such as Elizabeth Gaskell, Lewis Carroll and Wilkie Collins.


  • What genre would your romance take place in? Take the quiz to find out and let me know! I got mystery :) 


10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Go Set A Watchman! I've been looking forward to it for a while. And I got horror for the quiz, which is weird, because I don't really like horror romances...

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've just started reading it :))
      Horror? That would be interesting haha

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for Go Set A Watchman! I find it very hard to believe that Atticus is portrayed as racist, and I hope he does develop for the better in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I will take it when I come across a passage where he is shown as one. Anyway, I can't wait to read it :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome round up! I'm a bit hesitant about Go Set A Watchman. I've heard not-so-good things about it so far, and it seems like a ploy just to make more money... HOPEFULLY it is good though!!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my doubts as well, but I'm still reading it. My curiosity has reached another level :D

      Delete
  4. I got Contemporary from the quiz, which might be ironic. I avoid contemporary unless it's really cute.

    I'm feeling iffy about Go Set a Watchman after reading some of the reviews, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind contemporary, although I'm a little picky myself as well! :)

      Go Set A Watchman for the time being is really nice, I'll be able to post a review in a couple of days :))

      Delete
  5. As usual a great round up ! :)

    Nita@ www.book-choose.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)