Hello, everyone! This has been a rough week for Greece, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. But, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous days.
- The 2014 Shirley Jackson Awards were announced a few days ago. Among the winners are Jeff VanderMeer for his novel Annihilation and Daryl Gregory for his novella We Are All Completely Fine.
- Tomorrow is the day! The publication of Go Set A Watchman is only a day away and in Harper Lee's hometown they are already celebrating. But there are also many concerns about the book since Atticus Finch is portrayed a racist. I won't hide that this comes as a shock for me! Finally, Harper Lee's lawyer Tonja Carter has hinted that there might be another unpublished manuscript of the famous author.
- Joss Whedon's next project will be a comic series called Twist. The series will be a Victorian thriller and will be published by Dark Horse Comics. It is to be expected in six issues, but there isn't yet a release date.
- So, John Green has given some advice on love and life to the readers of Seventeen magazine. The Q&A is featured in August's issue, which was released on July 7th.
- Dark Horse Comics has announced that The Legend of Korra will continue as a new comic series. The comic will be created by Michael Dante DiMartino and it will pick up from where the show left off.
- In Charles Dickens's literary magazine All Year Round were published many anonymous poems and short stories. But a recently discovered collection of the author's magazine, includes Dickens's own notes. In these notes, we learn that some anonymous pieces belong to authors such as Elizabeth Gaskell, Lewis Carroll and Wilkie Collins.
- What genre would your romance take place in? Take the quiz to find out and let me know! I got mystery :)