July 9, 2015

Cover Characteristic: Cups


This meme is hosted by Sugar & Snark.

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favourite covers with that characteristic.

This week's characteristic is cups. So, here are my picks:




The title of this book is huge, but the cover is really funny. I like this cut-out gentleman figure.


4. Why We Broke Up (2011) by Daniel Handler


I have to admit that I like teacups and the colour red. How could I possibly not fall in love with this cover?


3. Longbourn (2013) by Jo Baker


Pride and Prejudice from the perspective of the maids? I couldn't miss this one!


2. Black Butler Vol. 1 (2007) by Yana Toboso


The previous entry had a maid, now it's only natural that I'd choose a cover with a butler. What better cover than this one?


1. Love, Rosie (2004) by Cecilia Ahern


I absolutely love this cover. The colours are amazing and the drawing is beautiful. It just makes me want to pick up and start reading it right away! 


20 comments:

  1. Great choices! Black Butler is truly an interesting read. ^.^

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Longbourn before but it sounds cool, need to have a look especially when I love Pride and Prejudice :)

    Hannah @ http://psilovethatbook.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you're going to like this one! It's a very interesting book.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Love the why we broke up and Love Rosie covers a lot! I think it's making me want to read them next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? They are nice reads as well, especially Love, Rosie :)

      Delete
  4. I love that paper doll gentleman cover. It’s really funny and eye-catching.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The idea of this cover is so original!

      Delete
  5. los your picks!!! I forgot the Why We Broke Up cover!!!! I love Black Butler too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the red colour, so the cover of Why We Broke Up would definitely catch my eye. That's what makes a successful cover :)

      Delete
  6. Black Butler! Yes, that show and manga were so good! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I have to catch up with the manga though :)

      Delete
  7. Mm, I approve of the Black Butler cover. Sebastian is just the best butler you could get. A true devil of a butler. Great choice, I also love Why We Broke Up (cover and the book).

    Good choices, and interesting and fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Sebastian is a fascinating character. I like him :)

      Delete
  8. Cover wise..I like Love, Rosie. Yet, I'm curious about the other covers you featured since I haven't encountered them. The Black Butler is interesting since it's an anime, and I'm a sucker for anime. The most fascinating premise among the covers was the Jane Austen education since the Austen scholar was a guy. A guy! Simply put, that's amazing since in the world of regency and romance, seldom we encounter men reading these awesome stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this fascinating? I've yet to meet a guy who has actually read any of Jane Austen's novels!

      Delete
  9. Great covers! I do like your number one choice as well!
    Check out my covers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg the Jane Austen cup cover is awesome!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)