July 4, 2015

Confession Saturday: Dear Emma



Hello, everyone! Confession Saturday is a new weekly feature, in which we will have the chance to express our feelings towards certain characters. This time of the week we will choose one character and write to him/her about all the things we would like to say. We can explain why we like or dislike each character, which of his/her actions we don't understand and generally whatever comes to mind. 


So, for the first Confession Saturday I'm choosing Miss Emma Woodhouse from Emma by Jane Austen. 

Dear Emma,

many people hate you and I can't blame them for that. Your actions don't recommend your character, although you never mean ill. You have a certain status and education and I can understand why you needed distractions, I would be bored as well in your position, but matchmaking isn't the best thing to do. Especially when you try to convince Harriet that she loves men that she really doesn't. Poor Harriet is naive and innocent, you could make her believe anything, but in this way you don't respect her. She's your friend!

But, I have to admit that you were never unfair towards Jane Fairfax. Frank is the only person at blame here and you forgave him too easily. Flirting with him was just another distraction for you and any pain you may have caused it was done unintentionally. So, you shouldn't feel sorry. This is something that Jane and Frank have to figure out for themselves.

What I really want to say to you is that you are a lucky woman and I'm jealous! Mr. Knightley is a good man, loves you, but will always tell you when you're wrong. He understands your intentions and tries to make you understand why he disapproves some of your actions. An ideal partner should possess all those qualities. I really hope you listen to him more!

Yours,
Aeriko


This is Confession Saturday for this week! Feel free to participate! If you are interested in doing so, then let me know so I can add a Linky tool :)


22 comments:

  1. Really nice idea for a feature!! Looking forward to more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a cool idea! This is literally what I do in my head when I read books haha excited for the next one already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is wonderful! When you read a book and feel like it, I'd be glad to read a Confession Saturday from you :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like so much fun! If I were to do it I'd be afraid of babbling on for ages as I'd have so much to say about some characters lol
    Sinead @ http://lessrealitymorebooks.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The length is not a problem at all. It can be a simple sentence and it can be a whole essay! :)

      Delete
  4. Here's a link to my Confession Saturday Letter: http://thenerdgirlreview.blogspot.com/2015/07/confession-saturday-dear-harry-potter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for participating!!
      Next week I'll add a Linky tool, so it will be easier to share your link :)

      Delete
  5. I really like this idea! I might have to write my own feature like this someday.


    fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should, it's a great idea :)

      Delete
  6. Haha that's the first time I hear about this and that's a great thinking. It's the time to reveal the truth ahaha. Great post Aeriko :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super fun feature.... I like that you are telling Emma how it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, many people feel strongly about her actions and her character, so I thought I'd gove you my view :)

      Delete
  8. I love your blog and this is just a really cool feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your blog is also great! I hope you'll join next week :)

      Delete
  9. I love this idea, it's such a cool feature! Although she can get a bit annoying I really like Emma, and of course Mr. Knightley!!
    I followed you through GFC :) xx

    Alexandra Florence @ Alexandra Florence Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like Emma! Yes, some of her actions were thoughtless but she never meant to hurt anybody. I hope you'll join us next week :)

      Delete
  10. An amusing notion. Looking forward to reading more of these.
    I have half a mind to send back a reply as Emma ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be really interesting! Feel free to do so :)

      Delete
  11. Or as one of the others: Jane Fairfax perhaps, or Augusta Elton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, now I'm curious! I can imagine what Jane Fairfax would have to say to Emma!

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)