April 25, 2015

Liebster Award Nomination

Book Blog Award, Liebster Award


Thanks to All Write-y Then.. for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Check out her blog! So here are the rules of this award:

  1. Thank the person who nominated you (it's a common courtesy)
  2. Display the award on your blog, either in a post or display it with a widget/gadget
  3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, provided by the person who nominated you
  4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
  5. Nominate 5 - 11 other blog
  6. Create a new list of 11 questions
  7. List the rules on your blog
  8. Inform the people/blogs you nominated


Questions from All Write-y Then..
  1. What is you least favourite genre? This would probably be Erotica. Basically, I read a lot of different genres, but this is one that I don't particularly enjoy.
  2. What are your favourite movies? There are too many to name them all. The Before trilogy, the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Star Wars trilogy are all favourites. 
  3. Do you prefer ebooks or physical copies of books? I prefer physical copies of books, but I read a lot of ebooks because it is more practical to carry it around.
  4. Your least favourite book cover? The one that comes clearly to mind is that of Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto. This cover doesn't really make you want to read this book and it's a shame because it's a beautiful story.
  5. If you could have any magical ability (or type of magical abilities), what would you choose? That's an easy one. Mind reading, Professor X's style.
  6. What is your favourite mythical/fantasy creature? I have a fascination with elves and fairies, not just the ones in The Lord of the Rings, but also the ones in Celtic mythology (Irish Fairy and Folktales by W.B.Yeats is one of my favourite books).
  7. Favourite book when you were 10? This would either be Artemis Fowl or His Dark Materials (and they still are favourites).
  8. What real or fictional place would you most likely go to on vacation and why? It would probably be Tokyo as described in number9dream by David Mitchell. It's in the future and I'd like to see that.
  9. Is there a particular movie/book that you have an unpopular/controversial opinion on? This is The Hunger Games trilogy. Especially after reading Battle Royale, I can't really bring myself to think about it anymore.
  10. What book do you wish would be made into a movie? Artemis Fowl. Come on! So many fantasy and dystopian books are turned into movies, why don't you give Artemis a chance?
  11. Chocolate chip cookie dough: great ice cream flavour, or greatest ice cream favour? I like it, I don't know if it's the greatest, but it's close to being the one.

11 random facts about myself
  1. I've just turned 25 years old.
  2. I like some alternative rock bands, such as Muse, The Strokes and Smashing Pumpkins.
  3. I love baking stuff, you will always find at my place scones, cakes, muffins and biscuits.
  4. I've lost count of how many times I've read Pride and Prejudice. Apart from English I've also read it in Greek and Spanish.
  5. I find Captain America one of the most boring superheroes.
  6. I never really minded the Star Wars prequels.
  7. My favourite social media is Instagram.
  8. I always read the last sentence of a book. It's never a spoiler, but somehow I can tell if I'll like a book or not.
  9. With my friends, we play a lot of board games.
  10. I like all things floral.
  11. I find that reading on the beach is one of the most relaxing things ever.

My nominations

My 11 question to the nominees
  1. In what age did you start reading?
  2. With which fictional character would you hang out?
  3. Which is your most anticipated movie in 2015?
  4. What is your guilty pleasure?
  5. What is your favourite song?
  6. Do you prefer scones, cookies or biscuits?
  7. Where would you rather live? Both fictional and real places and why.
  8. Do you play any sports? Which one?
  9. Pop Corn or Nachos in the cinema?
  10. Which is your all time favourite villain?
  11. If you could only have one book, which one would it be?  

14 comments:

  1. I'm the same way, I prefer physical books, but ebooks are way more practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and I always carry around my kindle in my bag!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! As I said on my blog it'll probably take me a while to do it because I'm going on a school trip to London tomorrow.

    Anyway, I completely agree with you about physical books. I prefer them but I do love my Kindle as well which I tend to use on holidays and stuff like that.

    Thumbs up for His Dark Materials! It's definitely one of my favourite YA series of all time and I'm surprised that so few people in the blogging community, that I've encountered anyway, haven't read it.

    Finally! Someone who doesn't adore The Hunger Games! I really didn't enjoy it at all but everyone I've met idolising it.

    Lastly, I'm going to be starting the album a week meme thing on my blog tomorrow so let me know if you don't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time and have fun on the school trip!

      His Dark Materials is such a good trilogy, that it's a shame that there are so many people who haven't read it..

      I know that it's the unpopular opinion not to have enjoyed The Hunger Games, but it's true. I can't help it and especially after Battle Royale.

      I'm looking forward to the music meme.

      Delete
  3. I also don't enjoy erotica. I just feel so...so dirty reading it. I'm not sure if dirty is the right word but idk, I feel awkward about it. Perhaps it's my age, but yeah.

    Mind reading, YES! Or, like, the ability to time travel. I would love to peek into the past!

    i recently bought Battle Royale after a friend of mine who loves Japanese culture mentioned that it was similar to The Hunger Games. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet but after seeing it here, I'm definitely going to pick it up soon.

    DUDE, CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH IS THE GREATEST. It's the combination of my two favorite ice cream flavors!

    Scones are my favorite pastry and I'm so jealous that you make them often. ADOPT ME PLEASE, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the thing about erotica is not just the sex scenes, is the lack of plot. And whichever plot does exist it's only to bring another such scene. Oh well!

      You should read Battle Royale, it's an excellent book. But it's a bit violent. Check out my review from earlier this month.

      I'm glad that you like scones, it's my favourite pastry too! :)

      Delete
  4. Ohh congratulations on your nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You love to bake and I love to eat! I'm going to need some cupcakes, scones, cookies, and such in the mail very soon! lol. Hold up girl, you read the ending of a book and NEVER get spoiled? I would be so scared to do that! How much do you actually read? & congratulations on the Liebster Award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)

      Hahaha, I know it's weird what I do. I've been doing it for ever, but I read just the last sentence rather than the last page (which would certainly include spoilers).

      I'm ready to send a package any time :D

      Delete
  6. Thanks a lot for nominating me! Here's my link to the award: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/05/award-time-liebster-award.html

    Hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I'll check out your answers right away :)

      Delete
  7. Hi! Thanks so much for nominating me! Here's my post:
    http://thebookish-life.blogspot.ca/2015/06/the-liebster-award.html

    PS- I love Star Wars, too! May the Force be with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Great answers! :)

      May the Force be with you!

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)