March 12, 2015

Play(list) by the Book: The Bone Clocks



In The Bone Clocks there are so many songs mentioned that I couldn't resist the temptation to create a playlist to share with you! But I had to (at least) try to limit it to a sensible number of tracks. That's why I only included one song per artist, I didn't include any classical music pieces and in case an album was mentioned I picked the song I liked the most. So, plug in your headsets and enjoy!




But this post wouldn't really be complete without a list of the albums mentioned throught the book or the classical music pieces.

 Albums mentioned:

  • Talking Heads - Fear of Music
  • Bob Dylan John Wesley Harding
  • Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon
  • Nirvana - Nevermind
  • George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice
  • Joni Mitchell - Song to a Seagull
  • Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage
  • Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

Pieces of Classical Music:

  • John Dowland - Weep You No More Sad Fountains
  • Benjamin Britten - Hymn to the Virgin
  • Peter Grimes - Interludes
  • Bruckner - Sumphony no. 9 
  • W. A. Mozart - Don Giovanni, Act 2
  • Bach - Partitas
  • Stradivarius played by Yehudi Menuhin
  • John Cage - In a Landscape
  • Keith Jarrett - My Wild Irish Rose
  • Maria Callas - Casta Diva
  • Toru Takemitsu - From Me Flows What You Call Time
  • Jean Sibelius - The Swan of Tuenola
  • Shostakovich - Preludes and Fugues
  • William Byrd - Hughe Ashton's Ground
  • Jan Johansson - Jazz pa svenska
  • Scarlatti - Sonata in D minor

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cool post! The Bone Clocks was actually the book that got me listening to Talking Heads so even though I wasn't a huge fan of it I'll always like it for that.

    Your playlist was great too. The Talking Heads song was excellent, as was In Bloom (personally I prefer In Utero over Nevermind but they're both amazing records) and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds fits the latter half of the book perfectly.

    Killian
    http://leaf-on-the-breeze.blogspot.ie/2015/01/book-review-4-bone-clocks-by-david.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Some of the songs I couldn't really remember, so I was listening to them while I was reading and so came the idea to compile this playlist.

      I prefer In Utero too, but Nevermind was mentioned so I had to choose something from there. Mitchell must be a great fan of The Beatles since his second novel is called number9dream, which is a song by John Lenon. There wouldn't be a song more fitting than that. You can check it out, my review earlier in February, begins with it.

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...